VA North Texas Health Care System
Free child care for Veterans with appointments at Dallas VA Medical Center
Dallas VA Medical Center provides on-site child care at Carousel Academy, located on the VA campus in Bldg. 75 (northwest corner), for Veterans with scheduled VA medical appointments. To use this free service, Veterans must:
- Be registered in the VA health care system
- Have a scheduled appointment
- Call 214-857-2610 to schedule a place for your child.
- Complete the necessary registration form and include documentation of your child’s shots record and 3 emergency contacts.
- Bring the completed registration form with you when you check-in your child at Carousel Academy.
- All children must be picked-up immediately upon check-out from your VA appointment.
- Veterans who do not have a cell phone will be provided a temporary one so Carousel Academy can reach you in case of an emergency.
- You must keep Carousel Academy updated about your expected return and when your appointment will end.
- Meets or exceeds all State of Texas child care requirements.
- Has experienced and trained staff.
- Is a secure facility with on-line video surveillance capabilities; an access code is required for building entry.