VA North Texas Health Care System
Free child care for Veterans with appointments at Dallas VA Medical Center
Dallas VA Medical Center is offering a pilot program that provides free on-site child care at Carousel Academy located on campus at Dallas VA Medical Center (Building 75 at the northwest corner) for Veterans with a scheduled clinical appointment.
- Be registered in the health care system
- Have a scheduled appointment
- Please call 214-857-2610 to schedule a place for your child.
- Complete registration forms, including documentation of your child’s shots records and three emergency contacts.
- Download the registration form, and bring it with you when you check your child in at the day care.
If child care is not requested prior to clinic appointment, please contact the clerk at 214-857-2610 for specific instructions. The VA clerk is located at Carousel Academy for your convenience. All children must be picked-up upon check-out from your appointment.
Veterans who do not have a cell phone will be provided one so Carousel can reach you in case of emergency while you are at Dallas VA Medical Center. You must also keep Carousel updated regarding your expected return when your appointment will end.
Don't let lack of child care prevent you as a Veteran from making and keeping clinic appointments. Take advantage of this exciting opportunity!
Carousel Academy is located on campus at Dallas VA Medical Center. Carousel Academy meets or exceeds all state requirements and provides:
- Great learning environment
- Experienced staff
- Secure facility with on-line video surveillance capabilities (access code required for building entry)
Questions? Contact Natalie Smith at 214-857-2610 or Jeanette Berry, Carousel Academy at 214-375-7530.