VA North Texas Health Care System
Tyler VA Specialty Care Clinic
Tyler VA Specialty Care Clinic provides mental health services and specialty consults. Veterans throughout Smith, Camp, Henderson, Van Zandt, Rains and Wood counties currently use the clinic, and a new location will be added later this year that will double the VA footprint in the Tyler area.
Specialty care referrals to VA North Texas Health Care System in Dallas are coordinated by highly qualified primary care providers.
- Behavioral health services including individual and group counseling
- Women's health
- Retinal imaging
- Laboratory: blood draw services
Clinic Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
How to Make Appointments
- Call Tyler VA Primary Care Clinic at 903-590-3050 or toll free 1-855-375-6930. Veterans will be seen by appointment, and walk-ins will be accommodated as timely as possible.
If you cannot keep your scheduled appointment, please call the clinic to cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours in advance. This allows another Veteran to be seen in your place.
- Tyler VA Primary Care Clinic does not dispense medication. Prescriptions can be filled in three ways:
1. On-line at MyHealtheVet www.myhealth.va.gov
2. Automated telephone line, 214-742-8387 or toll free
1-800-849-3597, press 1, option 2
3. Mail refill form (included with medications in the mail)
- VA will provide medications prescribed by VA providers in conjunction with VA medical care.
- Tyler VA is a primary care clinic. If you have a life-threatening emergency, immediately call 911.
- If you have medical concerns after hours and cannot wait until your next appointment, call TeleNurse at 1-888-252-9970. A trained professional is available 24/7 to answer your non-emergent, health care questions.
The VA Suicide Prevention Hotline is available 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255.
Maps and Directions
Tyler VA Primary Care Clinic is located 109 miles east of Dallas, Texas. The directions below should help you with travel routes from any direction. Maps are also available under "View Map" on the right side of this page.
From north take US 271 South to Northeast Loop 323 south to SR 110, then north to Golden Rd.
From east take I-20 West to US 271 West to Northeast Loop 323 south to SR 110, then north to Golden Rd.
From south take US 69 North to Southeast Loop 323 east to Paluxy Dr., then north to Golden Rd.
From west take I-20 East to US 69 South to SR 110, then north to Golden Rd.