VA North Texas Health Care System
Dallas VA Medical Center
4500 S. Lancaster Rd.
Dallas, TX 75216
Directions and Map
As a patient or visitor to our facility, we want to make sure you have the information you need before you arrive.
Dallas VA Medical Center is served by a DART light rail station. Check www.dart.org for schedules.
- Reserved parking is available for patients, family and friends in Lot 1 and several other undesignated parking areas are available.
- Patients preferring wheelchair assistance or escort services should go the Main Entrance/Clinical Addition where assistance staff is available.
- Patients enrolled in the Spinal Cord Injury Clinic (SCI) may make arrangements for reserved parking in Lot 19 through the SCI Administrative Office at 214-857-1757.
Shuttle service is available to take passengers to and from parking lots and the parking garage, from 7 a.m - 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Valet parking is located at the Main Entrance and is free of charge to patients or visitors who have handicapped parking tags and need special assistance. Valet parking is available from 7 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found is located in the Clinical Addition in room 1A-206 near the main entrance. You may contact them at 214-857-0985 or extension 70985.
Police officers provide 24-hour patrols of the facility and parking lots. For general police assistance, please call 214-857-0411 or extension 70411. In case of an emergency, dial 911. Report all suspicious or criminal activity, vehicle accidents and personal property losses while on the facility grounds to the VA Police as soon as possible.
Because the facility is federal property, all persons and bags are subject to search. In addition, no weapons, alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted.
The chapel is located on the in Building 2 on the first floor. The following services are available:
Singspiration at 10 a.m.
Worship Service at 10:30 a.m.
The Lord’s Supper is every 1st Sunday
Mass is every Friday at 10:30 a.m.
Every Friday at 1:15 p.m.
Courtesy phones are available for making in-house calls and are conveniently located in the following areas:
- Clinical Addition Surgical & Intensive Care Waiting Area
- Building 2 in the basement by the mail slot
- Building 2 in the basement by the vending area
- Building 74 (Spinal Cord Injury) in the waiting area
Convenient bedside telephones are available to all acute and extended care patients in Units 8A, 7A, 7B, 6C, 5B, 4C, Telemetry, CCU, MICU, SICU, TICU, Geriatric & Transitional Care Unit and the Spinal Cord Injury Unit. Upon admission, Veterans will be assigned their own telephone number.
For the convenience of patients and visitors, automated teller machines (ATMs) are located in the following areas:
- Building 2 in the basement near the Canteen Food Court
- Building 2 on the first floor near the Canteen Mall
Patients and visitors are not allowed to smoke inside VA buildings or in government vehicles at any time. Smoking is prohibited at all main entrances.
Smoking is allowed only in the following areas:
- smoking shelter between Buildings 1 and 3
- smoking shelter in Transitional Care Unit
- smoking shelter in the Spinal Cord Injury Center Courtyard
Housing rooms in the Guest House are available on a short-term basis for immediate family members and/or caretakers of hospitalized Veterans who primarily reside outside the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area. Family members from the local area may use the guest house on a space available basis. Occupancy by family members of hospitalized Veterans will be limited to two nights unless unusual circumstances warrant an extension.
Individuals interested in using the Guest House facilities should contact the hospitalized Veteran's assigned social worker for more information about eligibility and availability of lodging. During evening hours, weekends, and holidays when the social worker may not be on duty, the Administrative Officer of the Day (AOD) will assist family members with Guest House requests. The AOD can be reached at 214-857-1340.
Contact or Visit a Patient
For the location of an inpatient or their phone number, call 214-742-8387 or 1-800-849-3597.
If you would like to send a card, gift or flowers to a patient, the mailing address is:
Patient Name (Patient Room Number)
c/o VA Medical Center
4500 S. Lancaster Rd.
Dallas, TX 75216
If you come to visit a patient, please see Visiting Hours & Policies.