VA North Texas Health Care System
2nd Annual Veterans Hiring Expo
We are proud to co-sponsor the 2nd Annual Veterans Hiring Expo along with the U.S. Department of Labor.
This event is aimed at increasing hiring of disabled Veterans and dependents in the workforce. There will be on-the-spot interviews for Veterans eligible for hiring under noncompetitive appointing authorities. Pre-employment interview training will be available. Sign in at the event to take advantage of limited space. All attendees should dress professionally.
August 8, 2013
9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Veterans Resource Center
4900 S. Lancaster Rd.
Dallas, TX 75216
Enter through Gate 2 and parking is free.
Veterans should bring multiple copies of the following:
- Proof of Military Service (DD214 Member 4 Copy or Statement of Service)
- Official or Unofficial College Transcripts
- Licenses and/or Certifications (other than driver’s license)
- OF-306 http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OF306.pdf
Veterans with a service-connected disability should bring multiple copies of the following:
- SF-15 http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf
- VA Letter
Dependents/survivors should bring multiple copies of the following:
- Proof as spouse, widow, or widower of a service member with a non-competitive appointment
- VA North Texas Health Care System
- U.S. Department of Labor
- AAA Texas
- Airstreams Renewables
- BAE Systems
- Ben E. Keith Food Division & Winn Meat
- The Brickman Group
- Chase Bank
- City of Dallas
- Combine Insurance Company of America
- Dallas Police Department
- Department of Health and Human Services – Administration for Children and Families
- Department of Homeland Security - Transportation Security Administration
- Department of Homeland Security – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services – Texas Service Center
- Department of Justice – Fort Worth Bureau of Prisons Federal Correctional Institution
- Department of Labor - Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Devry University
- Emerson Process Management
- The Exchange – Army and Air Force Exchange Service
- Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Fedex Freight, Inc.
- The GEO Group, Inc.
- Hilton Worldwide
- Lowe’s Home Improvement
- National Labor Relations Board
- Net Versant
- Rotech Healthcare, Inc.
- Social Security Administration
- Tarrant County Sheriff's Department
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Texas Workforce Commission - Texas Veterans Leadership Program
- TMC Property Solutions
- Tom Thumb
- Trinity Industries, Inc.
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management - Federal Investigative Services
- Volt Workforce Solutions
- Waste Management
- Western Southern Life
For special accommodations, contact:
For more information, contact: