VA North Texas Health Care System
Application Process for Associated Health Trainees (WOC Appointment - Not Paid by VA)
To speed in-processing, complete all required paperwork and mandatory training before your first VANTHCS rotation. Unless otherwise directed by your Service Education Program Coordinator, your application packet must be completed and submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the your first rotation date.
Download VA Human Resources Forms
- Complete forms in the Application Checklist. Some cannot be saved so have a printer available.
- Take 2 copies of all forms and 2 matching, original U.S. government-issued IDs (state issued driver’s license, SSN, U.S. Passport, etc.) to your VANTHCS Service Education Program Coordinator.
- Lastly, go to VANTHCS Human Resources to be fingerprinted.
Note: Non U.S. citizen must bring required documents (i.e. Visa, F-20, etc..) and a letter from the International Department of your school.
- Your name on your 2 forms of ID must match exactly.
- Examples of accepted ID include State-issued Driver's License, Social Security Card, U.S. Passport, State Voter Registration Card, or School ID with photograph.
- At least one of your State/Federal IDs must contain a photograph.
- IDs must be original and not expired
Forms for Human Resources
- Form 10-2850D - Application for Health Professions Trainees
- Form SF-61 - Appointment Affidavits
- Form OF-306 - Declaration of Federal Employment
- Form VA-0711- Request for Personal Identity Verification Card
OFI Form 86C - Special Agreement Check (SAC)
- Special Agreement Check (SAC) Adjudication Results
- Form I-9 – Complete Section 1. Print and sign Employment and Eligibility Verification.
- WOC Appointment Letter - In 2nd sentence, list date of your first class this year and date of graduation.
Forms for Your Service Education Program Coordinator & Mandatory VA Training
- Form 10-0410 - VA Clinical Trainee Registration
- Mandatory Training for Trainees Module - 2010 - Complete this annual training, print completion certificate, and take to your Service Education Program Coordinator.
- Instructions for accessing Mandatory Training
- VANTHCS Clinical Trainee Registration Form
- Computerized Patient Record System Training - Complete only if using CPRS.
After your VANTHCS clinical rotation, we ask you complete the Learners' Perception Survey at the OAA Website.