VA North Texas Health Care System
Home Based Primary Care (HBPC)
To promote Veteran independence, improve quality of life, and avoid lengthy hospital stays, emergency room visits, and placement in a nursing home, the HBPC Team provides health care services to Veterans in their homes. The HBPC Team generally consists:
- Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant
- Social Worker
- Physical Therapist
- Short term or focused care
- Continual monitoring to detect worsening of conditions
- Care coordination and arrangement of specialty appointments
- Disease and medication management
- Home telehealth
- Coordination of other home health services such as respite care to help caregivers.
You must be a Veteran enrolled for VA health care, live in a safe environment, and have certain medical conditions. The program targets chronically-ill Veterans who require an interdisciplinary health care team to coordinate care.
Have your primary care provider or social worker complete a consult or referral to the HBPC program.
- Dallas HBPC: Within a 50-mile radius from Dallas VA Medical Center.
- Sam Rayburn Memorial Veterans Center HBPC (Bonham) covers 9 Texas and 2 Oklahoma counties:
- Bryan (Oklahoma)
- Choctaw (Oklahoma)
Sam Rayburn Memorial Veterans Ctr - Bonham
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.