VA North Texas Health Care System
Guidelines for Hepatitis C
1. Discuss your laboratory test results with your primary care provider. Your primary care provider will submit a consult for you to begin Hepatitis C treatment.
2. Attend the Hepatitis C Overview Education Class.
- Held every Monday, except for Federal holidays, 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. at Dallas VA Medical Center, Clinical Addition, 3rd Floor, Rm 3B-600.
- A scheduled appointment is necessary to attend.
- You must attend the class before Hepatitis C treatment can be considered.
- You may bring family members or friends to the class.
- Topics presented include:
- Hepatitis C natural history, risk factors, transmission and incidence
- Current available treatments
- Treatment evaluation process
- Risk reduction strategies for further transmission
3. After attending class, your medical record will be reviewed by the Hepatitis C Team.
4. If antiviral treatment is appropriate, you will receive an appointment letter in the mail within 30 days. If you do not receive an appointment letter within 30 days, call your primary care provider to discuss options. You may need further lab tests, X-rays, or procedures before antiviral treatment can be considered.
3rd Floor, Clinic 6
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Wednesday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.