VA North Texas Health Care System
VA North Texas Health Care System offers a variety of services designed to meet the unique needs of women Veterans at each of our facilities. Our goal is to provide quality care in a concerned, compassionate, and comprehensive manner.
Easy Enrollment & Contact Information
To become a patient at VA North Texas Health Care System, complete the Application for Health Care Benefits either online, by mail or fax, or bring it to one of these VA facilities:
Dallas VA Medical Center
4500 S. Lancaster Rd., Dallas, TX 75216
Sam Rayburn Memorial Veterans Center
1201 E. 9th St., Bonham, TX 75418
Fort Worth Outpatient Clinic
2201 SE Loop 820, Fort Worth, TX 76119
Along with your application, include these item(s) to speed the enrollment process:
- Copy of your DD214 (Armed Forces Report of Transfer or Discharge)
- Purple Heart Recipients: Copy of your award letter if "Purple Heart" is not noted on your DD214
- Copy of both sides of your current insurance card (including Medicare or Medicaid)
Help with Necessary Documents
- VA Application for Health Care Benefits
- DD214 (Armed Forces Report of Transfer or Discharge)
- VA Forms
A co-payment may be assessed for nonservice-connected conditions. The fee is determined by your VA Priority Group.
Dallas, 214-742-8387, 214-372-8100, or 800-849-3597
Bonham, 903-583-2111 or 800-924-8387, x36425
Fort Worth, 817-730-0000 or 1-800-443-9672
Tyler, 903-590-3050 or 855-375-6930
Women Veterans Hotline, 855-VA-WOMEN (829-6636)
Combat Call Center, 877-WAR-VETS (877-927-8387)
National Call Center for Homeless Veterans, 877-424-3838
Veterans Crisis Line, 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255)
HWVP Care Manager, 214-857-3173
Women Veterans Program Manager
Leslie Snowden-Crawford, RN, 214-857-1938
Our Women Veterans Program Manager advises and advocates for women Veterans. She can help coordinate all the services you may need, from primary care to specialized care for chronic conditions or reproductive health. VA health care for women Veterans includes:
- General care includes health evaluation and counseling, disease prevention, nutrition counseling, weight control, smoking cessation, and substance abuse counseling and treatment as well as gender-specific primary care, such as cervical cancer screens (Pap smears), breast cancer screens (mammograms), birth control, preconception counseling, Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine, menopausal support (hormone replacement therapy).
- Mental health includes evaluation and assistance for issues such as depression, mood, and anxiety disorders; intimate partner and domestic violence; sexual trauma; elder abuse or neglect; parenting and anger management; marital, caregiver, or family-related stress; and post-deployment adjustment or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST). Women-and men as well-may experience repeated sexual harassment or sexual assault during their military service. Special services are available to women who have experienced MST. VA provides free, confidential counseling and treatment for mental and physical health conditions related to MST. More information is available about MST from the national Women Veterans Health Care program and the VHA Office of Mental Health.
- Management and screening of chronic conditions includes heart disease, diabetes, cancer, glandular disorders, osteoporosis, and fibromyalgia as well as sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV/AIDS and hepatitis. Reproductive health care includes maternity care, infertility evaluation and limited treatment; sexual problems, tubal ligation, urinary incontinence, and others. VA is prohibited by legislative authority from providing either in-vitro fertilization or abortion services.
- Rehabilitation, homebound, and long-term care. VA referrals are given to those in need of rehabilitation therapies such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language therapy, exercise therapy, recreational therapy, and vocational therapy. Homebound and long-term care services are available as well, limited to those meeting specific requirements.