VA North Texas Health Care System
Medical Information Is Available All Day, Every Day
Long gone are the days of not being able to have your medical information when you need it. It's now right at your fingertips. With My HealtheVet, you can do a number of things that were not possible in the past.
Benefits of My HealtheVet:
- Request consultations, appointments and renewals of medications
- Request test results and receive a doctor's explanation
- Communicate with your actual doctor with secure messaging
- Access portions of your medical records online 24/7
"Veterans should strongly consider using the benefits of My HealtheVet," said Stephen Holt, M.D., deputy chief of staff at VA North Texas Health Care System. "It is extremely important to be able to access portions of their medical records anytime day or night, especially during an emergency."
There may be times when Veterans need to show a private doctor (e.g., emergency room) their lab results or other important medical information. So, My HealtheVet will not only save a trip to VA to get copies of records, it can also save Veterans money by not having to take further tests outside of VA.
Gaining access with My HealtheVet comes with four simple steps:
- Go to www.myhealth.va.gov and click on register.
- Print and complete the form to get an IPA (in-person authentication).
- Bring the form to any VA medical facility to be verified by a qualified VA authenticator.
- Once your IPA is complete, log into My HealtheVet and opt-in to be able to access portions of your medical records online 24/7. Authenticators can help with opting in.
We have qualified VA staff members at all of our locations who can assist with the entire My HealtheVet process. Ask about My HealtheVet at your next appointment.
VA North Texas Health Care System My HealtheVet Coordinator is Cathrine England at 214-857-1721.