VA North Texas Health Care System
Dallas VA Medical Center
4500 S. Lancaster Rd.
Dallas, TX 75216
Directions and Map
For DART light rail schedules and routes, visit www.DART.org/DallasVA.
- Reserved parking is available for patients, family and friends in Lot 1.
- General parking areas are also available.
- Patients preferring wheelchair assistance or escort services should go the Main Entrance/Clinical Addition where assistance is available.
- Patients enrolled in the Spinal Cord Injury Clinic (SCI) may make arrangements for reserved parking in Lot 19 through the SCI Administrative Office at 214-857-1757.
- Free valet parking is avialable at the Main Entrance. This service is specifically for patients or visitors who have handicapped parking tags and need special assistance.
- Valet parking is available 7 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- VA North Texas Health Care System – Voluntary Services has a new shuttle service for the Dallas VAMC, Sam Rayburn Memorial Veterans Center and Fort Worth locations.
Lost & Found
- Telephone: 214-857-0985
- Located in the Clinical Addition in Room 1A-206 near the Main Entrance.
- Police officers provide 24-hour patrols of the facility and parking lots.
- Because the campus is federal property, all persons and bags are subject to search.
- Weapons, alcohol or illegal drugs are no permitted on VA property.
- Unauthorized photography is prohibitted.
- Report all suspicious or criminal activity, vehicle accidents, and personal property losses to the VA Police as soon as possible.
- General Police Assistance: 214-857-0411
- Emergency: Dial 911
The Chapel is located in Building 2 on the 1st Floor.
Singspiration, 10 a.m.
Worship Service, 10:30 a.m.
The Lord’s Supper, every 1st Sunday
Mass, Fridays, 10:30 a.m.
Fridays, 1:15 p.m.
Bedside telephones are available to all acute and extended care patients in Units 8A, 7A, 7B, 6C, 5B, 4C, Telemetry, CCU, MICU, SICU, TICU, Geriatric & Transitional Care Unit, and the Spinal Cord Injury Unit. Upon admission, Veterans are assigned their own telephone number. Courtesy phones are available for in-house calls and are located:
- Clinical Addition Surgical & Intensive Care Waiting Area
- Building 2 in the basement by the mail slot
- Building 2 in the basement by the vending area
- Building 74 (Spinal Cord Injury) in the waiting area
- Building 2 in the basement near the Canteen Food Court
- Building 2 on the 1st Floor near the Canteen Mall
All VA health care facilites are smoke-free. VHA's smoke-free policy applies to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, any other combustion of tobacco and non-Federal Drug Administration approved electronic nicotine (ENDS), including but not limited to electronic or e-cigarettes, vape pens or e-cigars.
- Rooms are available in our Guest House on a short-term basis for immediate family members and/or caretakers (who primarily reside outside the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area) of hospitalized Veterans.
- Family members from the local area may use the Guest House on a space available basis.
- Occupancy by family members of hospitalized Veterans is limited to 2 nights unless unusual circumstances warrant an extension.
- Contact the hospitalized Veteran's assigned social worker about eligibility and availability of lodging.
- During evening hours, weekends, and holidays when the social worker may not be on duty, contact the Administrative Officer of the Day (AOD) at 214-857-1340.
Contact or Visit a Patient
- For the location of an inpatient or his/her phone number, call 214-742-8387 or 1-800-849-3597.
- Refer to Visiting Hours & Policies for more information.
- To send a card, gift, or flowers to an inpatient, use:
Patient Name (Patient Room Number)
c/o VA Medical Center
4500 S. Lancaster Rd.
Dallas, TX 75216